Today I gained my 100th follower! I am really flattered to have so many people interested in my drawing and painting. Every like or comment left is a wonderful boost, and hugely appreciated. The discussions I’ve had with you have been immensely helpful in moving my art forward. I also appreciate those silent followers among you too – you help motivate me!
I would like to send each of you a kiss!
How I drew 100 kisses without counting them
When I created this image, I used the tools available to me to plot 100 x’s and have them automatically counted as I moved them around. For this, I used a PC with Microsoft Excel. You can do this too:
- Open a new Excel spreadsheet
- Reduce the width of all the columns to just fit the number 100 (you can alter the widths any time, just make them narrow)
- In the cell immediately above the bottom-left cell shown on the screen, enter a formula to sum all the values above it: enter “=sum(“, select all the cells above it, press Enter. It should be showing 0
- Copy and paste that cell to all of the other cells in that row on the screen so that the formula runs across the bottom of the page. They should all be showing 0
- In the bottom-left cell, enter a formula to sum all of the cells in the row that was just filled: enter “=sum(“, select that row, press Enter. It should be showing 0. This is the TOTAL COUNT CELL
- Now, enter 1’s in any of the empty cells to indicate where the x’s will go in your design. The TOTAL COUNT CELL will automatically display how many cells have been filled. You can even cut, copy and paste parts of the design to move them around.
- Finally, draw the 1’s onto paper as x’s or whatever other symbols takes your fancy!